A captivating workshop that vividly brings World War II to life
Pupils will participate in a range of educational activities, and have the chance to explore genuine WWII artifacts and try on real period clothing. They will discover the true meaning of community spirit and gain a memorable insight into what life was like for people in Britain during World War II, particularly children.
The day begins with a lively introduction to the period, followed by:
- World War II quiz
- Home guard drill
- Discussion with genuine World War II artefacts
The afternoon begins with a talk about civilian occupations, followed by:
- Air Raid Precaution training (watch out for the air raid siren – everyone to the shelters!)
- What was in an evacuee’s suitcase?
- How fun could still be had in the war, with dancing and a sing-along
- Clothing rationing and utility clothing
The day will close with the all clear siren.
Did you know…?
Our award-winning WW2 teams have taken part in many historical documentaries and films.